Eaton Mission Systems, formally Cobham Mission Systems is seeking a Financial Analyst II that will work with a dynamic team at our growing Davenport, Iowa facility. The successful candidate will develop, analyse, evaluate, coordinate, prepare and oversee multi-dollar cost proposals to government and commercial customers.
- Develop, analyze, evaluate, coordinate, prepare and oversee multi-million dollar cost proposals to government and commercial customers
- Assure adherence to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) and Eaton policies and procedures with regard to cost proposal preparation, review, submission and negotiations
- Review and interpret the RFP (Request for Proposal) for all pricing requirements and work with the proposal team to set up the approach and schedule required for bidding the proposal
- Coordinate cost proposal efforts by interfacing with applicable departmental personnel including Finance, Contracts, Business Development, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Senior Management personnel, as well as customers and auditors
- Estimate labor and material costs for manufacturing and engineering based on requests for proposals from internal and external customers
- Research historical data in detail and develop fully traceable summaries
- Develop spreadsheet models and create fully compliant and accurate proposals
- Support changes or modifications with the customer, and participate as a member of the contract negotiation team
- Incorporate and perform the final certification process as required on all certifiable proposals to the government
- Analyze and respond to customer fact-findings and external audits
- Performs all operations according to prescribed safety and environmental principles
- All other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain Management.
- 3+ Years of work related experience
- Must be able to analyze, develop, and apply direct cost and performance data to develop estimates in support of new or follow-on business
- Must be very detail oriented and possess the ability to organize large amounts of data while working independently in a face paced environment
- Due to US export laws, must be either a US citizen or US Permanent Resident
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes, understand bills of material and product structures, and be able to develop cost estimates based on Engineering specifications
- Cost Modeling and labor estimating experience with manufacturing, supply chain, and Engineering as regulated by FAR, DFARS, and TINA
- Experience using ProPricer estimating software. 3+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment and a team player
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Cobham Mission Systems' values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, Cobham Mission Systems, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Cobham Mission Systems’ career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting CRT.NA@cobham.com
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems