Support sustaining engineering of basic complexity integrated microwave assemblies through the tuning, testing and optimization of RF/Microwave circuits; assist in electrical and mechanical design and generating complete drawing packages, including testing procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
- Assist in the design of RF/Microwave circuits including amplifiers, mixers, switches, filters, and oscillators, including components identification, computer & mathematical modeling, part, material, process seNextlection and mechanical layout and packaging.
- Evaluate specifications and generate testing procedures; perform circuit and reliability analysis.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineers, designers and drafters to produce mechanical design and drawing packages under guidance of the Responsible Engineer or Engineering Manager.
- Test, tune, debug and optimize prototype circuits and components to meet specification requirements and manufacturing produce-ability requirements.
- Team up with technicians on test, tune, debug and optimization of prototype circuits and components.
- Partner with the organization in the scheduling of development projects, including process development, fixture design and implementation, material procurement and customer interface (design reviews).
- Perform and coordinate production engineering support function such as fixtures, materials, design, process problem evaluation and solution.
- Participate in safety training and actively comply with safety policies and practices; maintain a clean and safe workstation.
- Improve and maintain 5S in your area; make suggestions for improvements.
- Participate in Lean/Six Sigma activities in own work areas as well as events for other areas to enhance cross-functional problem solving.
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), or related field, including electromagnetism course and labs, required; or, three (3) years minimum as Engineer, Electrical Associate II with experience in RF/Micro wave circuit analysis using tools such as MWO or ADS;
- Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written and verbal instructions; communicate across organizational levels; ability to read, analyze and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to speak effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers and the general public; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities; technical writing skills to document test requirements and prepare concise technical reports;
- Reasoning skills: ability to sufficiently apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations;
- Math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio and percent; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry;
- Computer skills: exposure to a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Microsoft office suite; ability to use Enterprise-wide information systems such as SAP and drawing-viewing programs such CAD or CAE, preferred;
- Technical skills: ability to read schematics, assembly drawings and parts list; ability to create electrical schematic and mechanical drawings; basic knowledge of programming; working knowledge of electronics including power and RF theory; RF/Microwave parameters & test procedures;
- Time Management & Organizational skills: ability to plan effectively using different tools; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently being proactive to resolve work issues or notify supervisor of resources needed; ability to coordinate with other employees and as part of a team.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.