Position Summary: Perform Quality Engineering activities to support the design and manufacture of high tech products and systems. Monitors related functions to ensure implementation of all contract requirements. Performs audit and monitoring activities as required. Works independently and sometimes provides coaching in processes and procedures as required.
• Apply various tools used with teams to facilitate group meetings and collaborative efforts
• Apply elements of AS9100D in the workplace environment.
• Conduct and follow through on audits as identified. Analyze and evaluate cumulative audit data for impact to the overall business area.
• Use various tools such as failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), quality function deployment (QFD), design for X (DFX) and Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), and fault tree analysis (FTA).
• Participate in Material Review and Material Review Boards, both working in the process and recommending/implementing needed improvements.
• Understand and apply various concepts related to sampling, including AQL, lot tolerance percent defective, average outgoing quality, and various sampling standards and plans.
• Define and implement the use of various measurement and test tooling and methods. Define and apply various repeatability and reproducibility methods such as gauge R&R.;
• Apply various continuous improvement and lean tools and models as identified. Includes DMAIC, TQM, PDCA, 5S, VSM, standard work, etc.
• Identify opportunities and apply elements of the corrective and preventive action processes. Includes problem definition, failure analysis, root cause analysis, corrective actions, recurrence control, effectiveness verification, error proofing, and robust design.
• Determine and implement effective quantitative data methods such as descriptive statistics and graphical representations. Analyze for content, communicate situation and develop/implement improvement plans.
• Identify, calculate and use specifications and tolerances and sampling plans. Identify and implement Design and Analysis of Experiments as identified.
• Apply and interpret risks mitigation plans. Identify and document risks, gaps and controls.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferred degrees include Engineering, Quality or other technical fields (or the combination of education and experience) and a minimum of five (5+) of related experience as a quality engineer, specialist or technician.
• 5+ years of demonstrated skillset matching ASQ CQE or individual skills, tools and processes listed above.
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• Preferred degrees include MS or BS level Engineering, Quality or other technical field.
• Excellent PC Skills utilizing Microsoft applications. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working in or leading cross-functional environments including Operations, Supply Chain and Engineering.
• Experience in quality engineering, specialist or technician role
• Experience in the electronics manufacturing, aerospace or a defense-related industry.
• Current or past ASQ CQE certification.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.