Principal responsibilities include;
· Generate RF cascades for design/analysis of sub-system performance
· Design/develop/simulate/analyze/test component technologies for RF devices (transmitters, receivers, and converters) applied mostly to Electronic Warfare (EW) broad-band sub-systems
· Generate system block diagrams, interconnection drawings (ICDs), and assembly outline drawings
· Define/evaluate top-level architectures and design concept tradeoffs for a variety of technology solutions
· Develop/analyze new solutions to be employed in solving technical issues
Perform technical analysis, design, implementation, and/or test of RF component technology requiring the wide application of RF engineering principles, theories, and concepts. Work from technical objectives, overall schedules, and expected results as specified by system specifications or senior personnel. May lead project segments and take responsibility for achievement of schedule and technical performance. Assignments are broad and may include developing/evaluating new techniques/plans/procedures. Interfacing directly with customers to provide suggestions/support to ensure design compliance with requirements as well as support hardware in the field.
The individual will be assigned a “buddy” to serve as a mentor in areas of collaboration. The individual will coordinate and work closely with other engineering and management disciplines on design decisions as needed. Work closely with staff to ensure on-time/-budget delivery of products. Individual will be treated as a member of the technical staff, provided guidance, should be capable of working with minimal supervision but understands the resources available and calls on them or asks for assistance as necessary.
· Good knowledge of circuit design fundamentals and electronic components
· Hands on laboratory experience with test equipment (e.g. network/spectrum analyzer, synthesizer, scope)
· Working experience with RF simulation tools (e.g. ADS, AWR, HFSS, CST)
· RF design experience creating matching circuits and filters for use in receivers/transmitters/amplifiers/etc.
· High degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness to design and deliver advanced solutions
· Good oral and written communication skills to interface with key stakeholders
· Course(s) in microwave design or electromagnetic analysis
· Broadband (Octave to Decade) RF design experience
· Hands-on integration & validation experience including generation of test results
· Familiar with various RF topologies like microstrip, stripline, coplanar waveguide
· RF cascaded performance analysis to achieve optimal performance in areas of linearity and sensitivity
· Experience interfacing with and parameters of RF components; amplifiers, switches, mixers, attenuators
· Aware of thermal effects/analysis of component operation
· Experience using schematic capture tools (e.g. Altium Designer)
· Proficient with Matlab or other scripting language (i.e. Python)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Working towards a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, RF Systems, or Physics
- Minimum of three (3) years’ working towards degree
- U.S. Citizenship required mustmeetthe eligibility requirements for access to classifiedinformation.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.