Position Summary: Perform Quality Engineering activities to support the design and manufacture of high tech products and systems. Monitors related functions to ensure implementation of all contract requirements. Performs audit and monitoring activities as required. Works independently or under the direction of a higher level Quality Engineer or Quality Management.
• Apply basic quality principles related to products and processes.
• Review, extract and apply basic information from customer requirements and product/process specifications.
• Select and apply the seven basic quality tools. Apply appropriate problem solving and continuous improvement techniques. Identify and implement basic lean tools and concepts.
• Apply as identified basic statistical techniques, control charts and other statistical processes.
• Select and use various types of measuring equipment and test equipment.
• Demonstrate understanding of blueprints, GD&T; and customer/spec requirements
• Identify and apply various inspection concepts and determine appropriateness for use.
• Interpret inspection and test data for validity, accuracy, and determine appropriate paths forward.
• Determine whether products or material meet conformance requirement, and understand and apply appropriate segregation techniques.
• Perform and/or guide others with the requirements of the material review process including identification, segregation and disposition.
• Apply elements of the corrective and preventive action process.
• Participate in process and system audits, potentially under the direction of a mentor.
•Bachelor's Degree, preferred degrees include Engineering, Quality or other technical fields (or the combination of education and experience).
•Two (2) years related experience as a quality engineer, specialist or technician, preferably in the electronics manufacturing, aerospace or a defense-related industry.
•In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
•Preferred degrees include BS level Engineering, Quality or other technical field.
•Excellent skills in MS Office – specifically within MS Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc.) and PowerPoint (charts and graphs, etc.).
•Experience working in cross-functional environments including Operations, Supply Chain and Engineering.
•Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
•Experience in some level of quality engineering, specialist or technician role.
•Experience in the electronics manufacturing, aerospace or a defense-related industry.
•Current or past ASQ certification (CQT, CQE, CQPA, 6Sigma, etc.)
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.