A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Converts customer specifications and/or engineering concepts of
moderate complexity to practical design solutions.
- Assimilates the schematic, parts list, engineering concept,
customer requirements and other data as required to plan a
- Designs work requiring creative thinking, in addition to
knowledge of basic engineering principles, design practices and
- Applies basic engineering principles and practices as well as
manufacturing materials, methods and equipment to solve a wide
variety of detail design problems.
- Utilizes a familiarity with trade catalogs and vendor products
to prescribe and incorporate purchased items.
- Completes design layouts as required to document engineering
and design decisions as well as provide a basis for completion
of detail drawings.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of CAD applications,
specifically Pro/Engineer (Creo) used for the generation of
- Provides technical assistance or instruction to lower level
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
(ECR/ECO generation/implementation, Bill of Material
- Must be a US Citizen as this position will require ability to
obtain a Department of Defense Security Clearance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of technically related experience
- 3 years minimum experience with Creo (Pro/Engineer)
- 3 years minimum experience with AutoCad (2012) or newer
- Associate's Degree in a technical field or its equivalent
- 5 years of technically related experience
- 3 years minimum experience with ASME Y-14 Drawing and
Dimensioning Standards. Specifically ASME Y 14.100 Engineering
Drawing practices and ASME Y-14.5 ASME Y14.5 Geometric
Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T;).
- 3 years of experience with Solid Works (2107) or newer
- Electronics packaging for Military/Aerospace applications
- Experience working in military or defense industry
- Active Security Clearance
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.