A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
As a Manufacturing Engineer with the team in San Jose, CA, you will
support thin film substrate manufacturing for products used in
defense electronic systems.
• Primary role will be supporting all areas of thin film substrate production to troubleshoot machine issues and evaluate part defects with focus of minimizing production down time
• Areas that will be supported included metal deposition, saw cutting, laser cutting, mechanical & chemical cleaning, photolithography, plating, and final inspection
• A secondary aspect of the role will be to run engineering tests focused on yield improvement or labor reduction of production processes
• Take a hands-on approach evaluating defects, working with operators and troubleshooting machines
• Improve processes based on statistical analysis and by applying process controls
• Train operators and write work instructions to document key process steps
• Write technical reports to gain customer approval of changes and also maintain all required documentation to support the production processes
• Work with other engineers and manager to process parts on the manufacturing line when testing out new processes or making process improvements
• Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or materials science with a minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience
• Must have demonstrated ability to make improvements to a manufacturing process
• This position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Security Clearance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability and desire to work hands-on in a team environment is necessary
• Must be flexible to support a variety of areas and have the ability to manage time between these areas
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.