- Aviation Industry
- Cairns Airport
Cobham Special Mission provides aerial surveillance services under contract to the Australian Border Force as the largest civil maritime surveillance operation of its kind in the world, and a search-and rescue capability across nearly 10 percent of the earth's surface under Australian Maritime Safety Authority.
The Mission Systems Equipment Manager is primarily responsible for the management and maintenance of our high-tech Electro-Optics and Radar equipment in support of our and our customers operations. The Mission Systems Equipment Manager is leading a small team of specialists performing through life support for this equipment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and compliance of Special Mission’s Electro-Optics and Radar equipment Maintenance Services in line with the Maintenance Organisation Exposition and Procedure Manuals
- Management of the Wescam Authorised Service Centre, including Invoicing and Administrative duties
- Responsible for assigned budget and finance targets
- Working closely with the Quality Manager and Head of Maintenance for the standard and quality of completed maintenance services
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- liaise as necessary with Operators, Suppliers, Subcontractors, manufacturers and manufacturers' representatives
Knowledge and Skills
- Educated to degree level in a relevant technical, science, engineering or business discipline or equivalent education gained through work experience.
- Proficient technical expertise with demonstrated application
- Familiarity with Electro-Optical Infrared sensors and/or Radar technology
- Knowledge and familiarity with standards (ISO, AS, etc)
- High proficiency of technical problem solving
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation, communication and writing skills
- Commercial, business and finance acumen, P&L;, Budget preparation, formal qualifications in finance (desirable)
All applicants must be an Australian citizen and be able to hold and maintain an Australian Government and Australian Border Force security clearance.