NDT Technician Trainee
Cobham Aviation Services has a vacancy for an NDT Technician. To fill this position Cobham are looking for a candidate with Heavy Maintenance, Structures/Airframe experience who will be trained to carry out this role to support its aviation maintenance business. This pivotal role will be supported by the resident NDT Technician and will finally be reporting to the Maintenance Manager (MM) Adelaide for the performance and completion of requested NDT specialist maintenance once trained. An NDT Technician is a certifying employee responsible for the certification of specialist maintenance on behalf of Engineering. The successful applicant will be trained at level 2 in Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic particle, Eddy Current, Ultrasonics and Radiography to EN4179, AS3669.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Specialist Maintenance, documentation and certification is carried out and completed in accordance with the MOE, Procedures Manuals and responsible CAMO requirements
- Maintain annual visual acuity and colour perception test requirements in accordance with EN4179
- Knowledge and skills to use any specialised equipment required to carry out NDT and inspections
- Ensure calibration, inspection, maintenance and repair of NDT Tooling and equipment is carried out
- Responsible for personal and company tool control, compliance and accountability
- Report any defect identified in the performance of NDT
- Support apprentices when required
- Compliance with Engineering WHSMS policy and procedures
Heavy Maintenance, Structure/Airframe experience required.
Cobham Aviation Services is the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia. Our portfolio of services includes aerial border surveillance and search-and-rescue operations spanning the country’s exclusive economic zone and search-and-rescue region under contract with the Australian Government and closed charter (fly-in, fly-out) passenger and freight services to remote sites in support of mining, oil and gas projects and outsourced freight services for Qantas.