Cobham Aerospace Communications is recruiting a Senior Software Technical Lead to join our aero software engineering team in Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark. You will be responsible for software architecture, design, implementation, coding, test, documentation and team lead tasks for Cobham Aero's SATCOM products.
You will be a key contributor throughout all phases of software development, ensuring that processes are defined and followed, requirements are established, good test coverage and products pass certification. You employ appropriate discipline processes, practices and tools to ensure efficient software working practices and quality objectives.
We expect you show initiative and drive, take responsibility and dare to challenge the team to ensure a high quality. As we work in a highly regulated industry, it's important to be structured, very systematic, thorough and persistent. You should also have the ability to work independently as well as in a cross-functional team environment.
Your main activities:
- Be a key contributor to software architecture requirements and design.
- Perform technical reviews for safety, testability, performance and security.
- Ensure software validation and verification for functional and non-functional requirements.
- Release management and software lifecycle management.
- Interface to QA function.
- Team motivation. Providing technical leadership, guidance and direction for team members in identifying, understanding, and resolving technical issues encountered on projects.
- Identify risks and mitigations.
Ideally, your technical competences and experience should include software architecture and design in embedded systems along with:
- A Master's degree or BSc. in Software Engineering, Computer Science or similar qualifications.
- Good in written communication.
- Engineering experience in software development, including all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- A well-rounded programmer in C and C++.
- Experience with data communication and network protocols.
- Experience with aeronautical standards, guidelines and certification such as DO-178C or proven experience from a regulated industry such as from rail, medical, automotive or similar.
- Software design knowledge of SATCOM systems and networks with specific knowledge of Inmarsat and Iridium services.
- Experience with certification authorities.
Starting your career at Cobham Aerospace Communications means that you will be surrounded by peers who are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham Aerospace Communications opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham Aerospace Communications.
Cobham Aerospace Communications is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham Aerospace Communications:
At Cobham Aerospace Communications, our avionics, connectivity and SATCOM solutions are at the leading edge of technological development. In the fields of commercial aerospace and security, the innovative, high performance solutions we provide enable our customers’ assets to perform to their maximum potential.