Cobham Aerospace Communications is recruiting for a Systems Engineer. Our avionics, connectivity, slip rings and microwave systems for air and space platforms are at the leading edge of technological development. In the fields of defence, security and commercial aerospace, the innovative, high performance solutions we provide enable our customers’ assets to perform to their maximum potential.
At Cobham Aerospace Communications, innovating the control and communications technology aircraft depend on gives meaning to the work of our employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people who are looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham Aerospace Communications truly has something special inside.
Our System Engineer will be a key contributor throughout all phases of the development project, ensuring that clear processes are defined and followed, requirements are established, broken down to lower levels and proven to be met by the product by functional testing, qualification and certification. You will be part of a Project Team and will contribute to the project deliverables to ensure that these are met or exceeded. The Systems Engineer shall employ appropriate discipline processes, practices and tools to ensure efficient working practices and engineering discipline quality objectives.
This role will be based onsite in Kgs. Lyngby, Denmark.
As a Systems Engineer,your key responsibilities will be:
Establishment and execution of technical processes for:
- Defining system requirements, architecture and design.
- Defining system requirements and allocation to equipment/product level and further to implementation and performance requirements.
- Allocation of requirements from system level to HW/SW level.
- System performance review and analysis.
- Defining interface specifications.
- Safety, security, reliability and availability review.
Establish technical management processes for:
- Architectural design.
- Risk management.
- Configuration management.
- Quality assurance.
- Ensure that requirements are established based on inputs from Business Lines, key customers, regulatory bodies and international standards captured in compliance documentation.
- Ensure that allocation of requirements is established in cooperation with HW and SW Architects.
- Ensure that requirements are according to current and emerging standards relevant for the product and the market segment it shall serve.
- Break down of multi-faceted, complex requirements to individual, clear and unambiguous requirements.
- Organize and link requirements in a logical way by using a requirements tracking tool.
- Produce evidence that processes have been followed and requirements have been met by test and qualification.
- Support for proposals, customer milestones and new designs.
- Support on the identification and closure of risks.
- Ensure System Validation and Verification Plans are prepared to provide evidence for functional and non-functional requirements.
As a Systems Engineer, your qualifications should ideally be:
- Avionics / RF experience.
- Experience with system principles for voice, data communication and network.
- Experience with certification authorizes.
- System design knowledge of existing aviation SATCOM system and networks with specific knowledge of Inmarsat and Iridium services.
- Experience with aeronautical standards, guidelines and certification as ARINC781, 771, 761, ARP4754A, ARP4761, and DO-262D.
- Systems architectural design processes and practices according to aeronautical standards is essential.
- Requirement capture, break down and management with tracking tools (for example, Helix).
- Contemporary SW and HW design techniques.
- Knowledge of relevant standards and international specifications.
- Structured work processes and methods.
- Write procedures specifically tailored to the project.
- Liaise with external auditors and authorities.
Starting your career at Cobham Aerospace Communications means that you will be surrounded by peers who are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham Aerospace Communications opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham Aerospace Communications.
Cobham Aerospace Communications is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham Aerospace Communications:
At Cobham Aerospace Communications, our avionics, connectivity and SATCOM solutions are at the leading edge of technological development. In the fields of commercial aerospace, defence and security, the innovative, high performance solutions we provide enable our customers’ assets to perform to their maximum potential.