A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
Cobham Advanced Electronics Solutions is seeking a Radar Systems Architect to perform radar functional and performance analysis using complex radar modeling and simulation tools in order to shape our technical approach to radar opportunities across CAES. This person will work with customers and radar-focused cross-functional teams consisting of development, test and integration engineers across several CAES business areas and locations.
This role requires experience/extensive knowledge in the following: modern radar architectures, radar detection, discrimination, tracking, limitations, and signal processing algorithms and their performance and applicability in each application. This position requires understanding of real-time, radar discrimination software design and the ability to recognize the performance implications associated with specific detailed implementations.
This person will cooperatively translate customer needs into system and subsystem requirements and develop the roadmap to full system or subsystem design/test and deployment. This person must have demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with potential customers/partners. This role can be based in either San Diego CA, San Jose CA, Lansdale PA, Exeter NH, Arlington VA, or Colorado Springs CO. MUST be able to travel a minimum of 30% per year.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
• Leads and mentors the system modeling team in radar analysis. Proficiency with radar performance equations, and analysis and simulation with MATLAB and associated tools is required.
• Model, test, and analyze radar systems at the system, module, and component levels in order to support hardware and software architecture decisions.
• Conceive/prototype new software algorithms and hardware designs for insertion into existing and developmental radar.
• Lead the development of trade studies/analyses for the selection of preferred design solutions, commercial hardware or software components, and preferred course of action alternatives in project development/product delivery.
• Lead the development of system integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing. Support analysis of integration results to assess system impacts.
• Manage customer technical relationships. Identify and pursue emerging opportunities in coordination with Business Development.
• Actively participate as part of CAES’ Technical Council.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Physics, Mathematics, or other applicable technical degree required.
• 10+ years of experience in radar: waveforms, detection, tracking, discrimination, antennas, electromagnetic fields and waves, digital signal processing, probability/noise & stochastic processes.
• 5+ years of demonstrated proficiency in MATLAB, Simulink or equivalent radar modeling and systems analysis tools.
• 10+ years of related experience in analysis and development of Millimeter and/or Microwave systems. 5+ years of experience as Chief Engineer/Technical Lead/Fellow/Architect in radar/AESA/seeker development projects with demonstrated success.
• 5+ years of technical analysis skills and reporting capabilities to support senior decision makers in the development of high performance radar and array systems.
• Active Top-Secret security clearance required or reachable within one year.
• Master or PhD of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (MSEE), Physics, and/or Mathematics, preferred.
• Millimeterwave engineering experience is a plus.
• Demonstrated leadership in multiple areas of software engineering and implementation.
• Technical expertise in core principles of multiple input, multiple output (MIMO) phased array radar system functions and their interfaces to broader command and control assets a plus.
• Expertise in waveform design, adaptive signal processing, distributed sensing, classification and adaptive nulling.
• Demonstrated proficiency in a programming language: Python or C/C++.
• 5+ years of directly applicable engineering experience conducting and leading data analysis and performance testing of phased-array radar systems that support multiple national missions (examples): Electronic Warfare, Electronic Attack, Missile Seekers, Hypersonic detection and tracking.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust,
Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in
state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our
innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to
apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship
required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development,
delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air,
on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the
mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on
their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an
empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting
work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces
diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide
equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their
compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a
reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment
process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.