Cobham is seeking a Sr. RF Test Engineer. Cobham’s Test Engineering Group in San Jose, CA, is responsible for designing and maintaining over 200 test stations that verify the operation of advanced microwave and millimeter wave subsystems, hybrid modules and components for military applications. Most of these test stations are fully automated, running custom software developed on site and maintaining test records from continuous operation for year. This position is located in San Jose, CA.
• Design, develop, and maintain software used to control automated test equipment using LabVIEW, KeySight-VEE and HT-BASIC programming languages.
• Work with Sr. Management and Program Managers on large/long term project bids.
• Decompose customer requirements into design specifications.
• Develop standard processes within Test Engineering.
• Review test plans.
• Document software operation.
• Mentor junior engineers.
• Develop ways to improve production capabilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other Science fields or a minimum of 8 years of experience in Test Engineering
• 8+ years of experience with electrical and RF test equipment.
• 8+ years of experience developing software tools for automating RF testing.
• 8+ of experience developing automated RF Test Stations for Microwave/Millimeter Wave applications.
• 4+ years of experience developing standard processes and work procedures.
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD security. clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
• Masters of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• 10 + years of Test Engineering preferred.
• Experience working with RF components and RF communication designs.
• Proposal experience a major plus.
• Experience in SQL database design, management, tools development.
• Experience developing software in HT-BASIC, KeySight-Vee or LabVIEW.
• Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
• Experience with developing budgets for complex engineering projects.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.