Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is part of the Cobham family of companies and joins over 10,000 employees on five continents, with customers and partners in more than 100 countries and annual revenues in excess of $3B. CAES Exeter manufactures custom microwave antennas and components supporting the Aerospace and Defense Industries.
• This position reports to the RF Engineering Manager.
• Support design activities as a “Project Lead” for Cobham value streams. Perform electrical design by utilizing simulation software. Delegation and program management skills to be used to run projects and manage projects, inclusive of customer interactions, from review/quoting phase through customer delivery.
• Regular updates to management on project status.
• Support sales and BD in quotes and spec reviews of cable and waveguide components.
• Assure that engineering activities are performed in accordance with AS9100 guidelines, tailored as appropriate per company procedures based on the varying complexity and risk of individual programs.
• Interface with customers and vendors via all forms of communication, ie: email, phone, face-to-face. Run peer reviews, customer reviews, Kick-off meetings, PDRs, CDRs, etc, with internal and external stakeholders.
• Assuring that design for manufacturability, design to unit production cost (DTUPC), and design for reliability are considered during all development efforts (in coordination Engineering Management).
• Author test plans and test reports. Plans/reports to include but not limited to: ATPs, QTP’s, White Paper Write-ups, Analysis Reports, customer responses, etc.
• Support production and quality with product design, manufacturability and MRB support. Providing RF engineering expertise to operations and other functions as needed to achieve customer satisfaction, revenue, profitability, and continuous improvement objectives.
• Works independently with manager direction to determine and develop approaches to solve design and process problems. Work is reviewed upon completion to ensure that objectives have been met. May assist in orienting and training lower level employees in completing work assignments.
• Aid in the borderless engineering initiative. Working collaboratively with the other IES engineers to enable cross-functional and cross-site teams to realize the full strength of IES engineering capabilities, including coordinating resource assignments, tool selection, and procedure development.
• Work collaboratively with the mechanical and manufacturing engineering groups to help determine trade studies for environmental, mechanical and power/thermal considerations. Produce simulation models to interface with the mechanical group for mechanical and thermal design simulations.
• Minimum of a Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering
• 5+ years' experience in new product development and engineering-to-production transitions.
• Prior experience designing RF passive components or waveguide assemblies, or cable assemblies
• Strong, established user of simulation software or other RF modeling tool sets.
• Experience using network analyzer (PNA)
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
• BSEE with advanced post-graduate studies in Microwave RF systems engineering or equivalent.
• Candidates are expected to have advanced skills using Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
• Knowledge of RF measurements including: VSWR, Insertion Loss, Insertion Phase, Coupling, Directivity, Smith Charts, and TDR plots.
• Experience with PNA or equivalent network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, power analyzer/power meter.
• Experience using and manipulate SolidWorks models, parts/assemblies. Able to make engineering sketches with SolidWorks to be used by a model shop and/or outside machine shops/vendors to produce engineering samples and prototypes. Complete mastery of SolidWorks is not a requirement.
• Experience with Ansys HFSS, CST or ADS.
• Prior experience designing products for defense applications and knowledge of MIL-STD-348, MIL-PRF-39012, MIL-DTL-85, MIL-DTL-23351, MIL-DTL-3922, MIL-DTL-39000, MIL-DTL-287.
• Experience with manufacturing processes including machining, CNC milling, aluminum dip brazing, ferrous metal torch and furnace brazing, metal fabrications and plating.
• Design experience in waveguide components, coaxial, stripline components, microwave switches, ferrite, circulators and coupling structures.
• Project management experience
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.