A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Performs a wide variety of professional Quality Assurance (QA)
engineering technical work which requires extensive application of
Quality Assurance Engineering principles and concepts in support of
the Cobham Semi-Conductor and Space Solutions (SCSS) QA functions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Initial Roles and responsibilities for this position will include
Who We Want:
- 30% failure investigation and root cause and corrective action
- 40% involvement with understanding customer requirements for
new/marketed product and flowing it down to different parts of
the organization and satisfying the needs of the customer
- 20% performing compliance work related to quality systems like
AS9100, MIL-PRF-38535 and QML & interact with government
agencies like DLA and be Cobham’s representative and
- 10% quality advocacy on supplier development.
We are expecting you to:
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced
environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is
complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing
to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and
recommend robust solutions to prevent future issues.
- Effective communicators. People who can concisely communicate
results, expectations, and recommendations to stakeholders,
external suppliers, and their teams.
- Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage
cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and
insights to resolve quality issues, implement effective supplier
and engineering changes, and drive continuous improvement.
- Establish effective interface with customers and their
representatives. Participates in customer Program Reviews,
discussions and presentation. Demonstrates capability to meet
customer needs and assures customer that Quality interests are
maintained. Resolves contract interpretations early into the
- Develop new and or improved processes through the application
of theoretical and practical engineering
- Provides direction, mentorship and resources to other
engineering groups and project leaders as well as factory
technicians. Act as lead engineer on a variety of projects and
participates in the project planning of major sub-projects
- Compiles data and makes recommendations for product or process
design changes. This will include the use of Design of
Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis using six sigma
- Provide guidance to other engineers regarding applicable
regulatory and statutory requirements and applicability of these
requirements to Cobham SCSS products
- Plan and direct creation of quality standards, quality
control, and quality assurance procedures, sampling plans, test
methods, fixtures, and processes in compliance to
QML/MIL-PRF-38535 for finished devices manufactured at Cobham
Colorado Springs facility.
- Provide quality engineering support to analyze the returned
- Own and manage internal and supplier driven non conformances
(NCs) & Internal (NC) and CAPAs ensuring timely containment
actions, corrections, root cause investigation
- Performs quality audits to determine the effectiveness of the
quality program and prepares audit reports
- Complies and evaluates test and measurement data to determine
appropriate limits and variables for process and material
- Keeps abreast of all meaningful technical trends and
developments and incorporates them in appropriate assignments.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• 3+ years of experience in Engineering role with experience in Quality or Manufacturing engineering
• 2+ years of experience working with Quality Management systems like ISO 9001/AS 9100
• 2+ years of hands on experience taking care of process capability analysis, GRR and process qualification
• 5 years’ experience in quality engineering, test, inspection, or manufacturing of sophisticated electronic or electromechanical products
• Experience working in a defense contractor, aerospace or the military
• Ask questions and don’t stop at the first answer. Analyze deeply to ensure the solution is the most effective solution
• Brings unpleasant facts to discussion, does not hold back information
• Driven by results. Fully supports team decision, even if he/she disagrees with the decision
• Enjoys working hard and learning when opportunities arise
• Offers suggestions for doing things differently, brings measurable evidence to support each decision. Able to breakdown complex issues into simplified task
• Sets priority and manages time wisely, capable of identifying the critical issues from the trivial issues. Sets individual goals aligning with the team goal
• Strong knowledge of Quality concepts (e.g. Risk Management, CAPA, Audits, Statistics).
• Knowledge of AS9100 quality management system
• Six Sigma Black Belt/Green Belt Certification
• Good command of excels, Minitab or JMP sw
• MS, CQE, or CRE preferre
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.