A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Develops industrial processes, including designing equipment,
understanding the reactions taking place, installing control systems
and starting, running and upgrading the processes; ensures all
processes, equipment and supporting systems operate to their maximum
effectiveness, within specified safety and cost constraints, and
that all products are of the desired quality; performs evaluations
and analysis of processes related to issues in electronic systems
and assemblies; determine and implement corrective actions to
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Interface with electrical engineers, mechanical engineers and
material suppliers to determine correct changes to modify and
enhance manufacturability of products; accountable for yields of
highly complex processes.
- Develop processes with design guidelines that promote process
capability including creating, checking and releasing formal
- Perform detailed Design of Experiments (DOE) and analyze
results using statistical methodology.
- Provide fixture design concepts to mechanical engineering and
- Share process and idea of concepts to manufacturing support
and development engineering during design and prototype phase of
- Participate in safety training and comply with safety policies
- Collaborate in team meetings and activities, including SET
team support as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Works independently with ideas, concepts, documentation from
concept to sustaining activities; performs Design of Experiments
(DOE); analyzes results; document and evaluate processes.
- Collaborate with colleges on problem solving, and works well
in a team environment.
- Performs detailed Design of Experiments (DOE); analyzes
results; documents and evaluates processes.
- May provide leadership and guidance to less experienced
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years of micro-electronic manufacturing environment experience, including electronic packaging of microwave, hybrids, ceramics and Duroid materials; a deep understanding of materials used in micro-electronic circuits and assemblies such as epoxies, eutectic attachment, wire bonding of fine wire, resistance welding equipment and manufacturing processes and equipment. An understanding of MIL-STD 883, test methods and MIL-PRF 38534 performance specification is a must.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Technology or related discipline OR some college education and 10+ years of experience in micro-electronic manufacturing.
• May be required to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• Secondary Education: Master degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline is a plus,
• Leadership skills: ability to argue logically and lead colleagues; ability to apply leadership skills in different work situations;
• Communication skills: ability to receive messages by telephone, in person, electronically and in writing; ask questions and rephrase statements to clarify meaning; ability to read, interpret and comprehend complex written technical publications; communicate across organizational levels; ability to communicate with quality, integrity and respect in a way that inspires others and encourages innovation and possibilities;
• Computer skills: working in a networked environment using a Windows and/or Windows like interface using Power Point, Excel and Word software programs at an intermediate to advance level; ability to work with Enterprise-wide systems such as SAP, a plus;
• Math & Analytical skills: intermediate mathematical skills, including statistical analysis; review and compare data to identify inconsistencies and determine priorities; ability to collect, analyze and summarize information to a general understanding; ability to think abstractly and separate complex ideas into simple elements. Green belt certification is a plus.
• Time Management and Organizational skills: flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and assignments; ability to maintain confidentiality; work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
• Excellence Behaviors: remain engaged, proactive and positive even in tough circumstances; own assignments and be fully accountable for their success; align actions, behaviors and conversations to what matters most; bring out the best in others and recognize the value in every person’s contributions; ability to work independently and as a team member.
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and the poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.