A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Cobham is seeking a Electrical Engineer - RF whose role will apply broad technical knowledge and skills in various scientific/technical disciplines to the analysis, planning, and development of major subsystems and small-scale systems. Systems are primarily in the RF Electronic Warfare (EW) business area that includes Radar Warning (RW), Situational Awareness, Interferometry/Direction Finding (DF), Electronic Attack (EA), as well as Self-Protect RF Counter Measures (RFCM) including on-/off-board systems. The Engineer must have an ability to create designs, perform simulations and/or generate circuit analysis for system level requirements as well as RF components based on performance spec, schedule, cost, reliability, and manufacturability requirements. The Systems Engineer provides in-depth technical insight to ensure that designs achieve "best value" goals of meeting performance and life cycle requirements within allocated budget and schedule constraints.
Functions of this role will include:
• Design/develop/simulate/analyze component tech for transmitters, receivers, and converters applied to radar, communications, and ECM/ECCM sub-systems
• Design/allocate functional elements of a system; RF/antenna, digital, I/O, SW, ME
• Generate RF cascades for design/analysis of full sub-system performance
• Deliver/define top-level architectures and design concept tradeoffs for a variety of technology solutions including new business capture
• Decompose system requirements into sub-system and component level requirements, allocate to appropriate discipline, generate/review written specifications
• Generate system block diagrams, interconnection drawings (ICDs), and assembly outline drawings
• Perform work planning, budget/schedule management, and identify technical deliverables for System Engineering section of proposals
• Participate in Government/Industry sponsored activities; industry-days, CONOP exercises, technical interchanges
• Propose technical solutions and define potential impacts on cost, schedule and programmatic risk
• Demonstrate ability to identify best-of-breed capabilities which could potentially deliver value to the end user
• Recommend, plan, lead, review, and identify risks for R&D efforts
• Develop new solutions to be employed in solving technical issues
• B.S. Engineering or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
• 6+ years of technical work experience
• 3+ years of working experience with RF receivers, transmitters and/or filtering designs; knowledge of modulation techniques; antennas; correlation; or signal processing
• 2+ years of experience as a system architect for product development that may include: design, specifications, and test for radar, communication, and/or EW systems
• 2+ years of experience with integration & validation experience including test and sell off of systems
• US Citizenship: selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills to interface with key internal and external customers, i.e., executives, military officers, government officials, etc.
• Exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness to design and deliver highly advanced solutions
• Knowledge of complex hardware systems and interfaces
• Broadband (Octave to Decade) antenna or amplifier integration experience
• Experience with control interfaces, FPGAs, high-power RF, active electronically scanned arrays (AESAs), or electromagnetic interference mitigation
• Systems modeling with MATLAB or equivalent tools, DOORS requirements management tools, risk management tools, simulation tools (AWR, ADS)
• Familiarity with Military Handbooks and Standards
• Involvement in industry consortia relevant to the job requirements/industry
• Proven ability to lead people to resolve technical problems
• Master’s Engineer degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems, or Physics
• Active DOD Secret Clearance
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of
Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global
leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the
insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective
future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we
encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work
visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with
and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with
disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a
disability for any part of the employment process, please send an
e-mail to CAEScareer@cobham.com or call (703) 842-2971 and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.