A career with CAES is more than just a job; it is the pathway to a
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers
challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you
looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to
offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for
a company that values a friendly work environment and that values
YOU? Then look no further!! Consider Cobham.
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a
technologically advanced electronics company employing more than
3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide.
We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to
the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in spanning defense,
aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Performs professional technical work complex in nature that requires
in-depth knowledge and wide application of mechanical engineering
principles, theories, concepts, practices and techniques used to
meet allocated program/system requirements.
- Create and Develop Product Designs. Create, develop and
sometimes lead mechanical designs, including complex RF and
digital subsystems for the development of electronic equipment
systems. Systems include control, power, RF electronics
and low/high frequency antennas for military applications
- Perform Planning and Reporting. Formulate a design plan or
work from technical objectives and overall schedules. Coordinate
and disseminate the work of other engineers, designers, and
support personnel as assigned. As Senior Mechanical Engineer,
act as Cost Account Manager (CAM) on moderate size projects.
Responsible for achievement of schedule, fiscal and performance
objectives. Report project status and progress at regularly
scheduled meetings and internal/customer design reviews as
- Perform Mechanical Analyses. Analyze mechanical components and
subsystems using both simple and more advanced programs such as
ANSYS. Performs kinematics, dynamic, heat transfer and/or
vibration analyses on complex materials, structural components
or functional systems. Perform trade studies and document
results for presentation to senior program staff.
- Direct Fabrication and Test of Hardware. Develop mechanical
test plans and direct the fabrication of prototypes when needed.
Conduct mechanical testing of complex systems, generate design
solutions and solve manufacturing problems. Coordinate product
transition to manufacturing as required.
- Document the Product Development. Generate, review and approve
written reports supporting the design, analyses, and test of the
product design including drawings, engineering specifications,
and other associated documentation. Prepare design review
packages and present data to both internal and external
- Implement Continuous Improvement. Implement the Mechanical
Design Process in work plans, and adhere to the Cobham Quality
System. Provide feedback to improve the process, and work to
meet engineering objectives. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of
developments in the mechanical engineering disciplines. Ensure
cost effectiveness and manufacturability of design.
- Perform Other Duties. Coordinate and direct the work efforts
of other engineers and support personnel, if assigned.
Assignments may include development of new techniques as a
result of independent study, materials development and support
of proposal efforts. Perform other duties and responsibilities
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
• Five (5) + years of Mechanical Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Two (2) + years of experience in electronic packaging.
• Five (5) + years of experience with finite element applications, ANSYS preferred.
• Five (5) + years of proficient knowledge of Drawing, Dimensioning Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards.
• Master’s Degree .
• Experience in electronics packaging and antenna design for military applications within AS9100 standards.
• Proficient in using CREO CAD Software utilized in conceptual design and subsequent documentation generation. Solidworks, Autocad or Altium are a plus.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by
ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected
individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be
eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the
development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and
defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and
partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology
they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and
passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering
culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans
for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding,
exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of
Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and
employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will
refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against,
employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose
their compensation or the compensation of other employees or