Imagine a future - where internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM is looking for a Component Engineer
Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of our 500+ employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something special inside.
The purpose of this key role is to source, select, and qualify components and materials used in the Company’s technology as well as conduct life cycle management for all components we actively use. This role shall employ the appropriate discipline processes, practices and tools to ensure that responsibilities are completed to meet the required project requirements and discipline quality.
This role is in Lyngby, Copenhagen.
As a Component Engineer, your qualifications should ideally be:
- 5-10+ years of component experience
- Technical understanding of the electronic components
- Experience in managing a broad range of internal stakeholders from R&D to sourcing
As a Component Engineer, your key responsibilities will be:
- Provide support to all designers to perform component research and participate in component life cycle and evaluate all components for various processes.
- Monitor, identify and resolve all lifecycle issues and assist various teams to identify appropriate resources and substitutes for components.
- Analyse and develop solutions to resolve all issues associate with obsolete components and supplies and perform component level tests and perform various experiments on components.
- Ensure compliance to all lead free solder process and ensure compliance to all component designs and coordinate with team members to reduce timeframe for all products.
- Administer ECR databases and maintain log of all requests and assist to resolve and prepare reports for all component results and maintain progress for same on monthly basis.
- Document and provide support to all component activities and perform tests on product releases to ensure qualification of all products.
- Coordinate with engineering staff to evaluate and resolve manufacturing issues for various products and document all procedures according to company standards.
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers that are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Beside a competitive salary package, we care about our employees and offer lunch canteen, social events and societies (wine tasting, art club, Friday bar, music band), sport clubs (skiing, cycling, adventure race, badminton), paid fulltime health and accident insurance and well equipped fitness room, but most importantly we care about you becoming one of us.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis. We believe our culture of being highly innovated, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability to plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge we hope to hear from you.