Darwin LAME DHC8
Are you looking for your next challenge, and want to work with gratification knowing that your work is contributing protecting Australia’s coastline and saving lives’?
We are looking for multiple B1 LAME positions out our Darwin base to maintain our Australian Border Force DHC8 fleet. We are a small yet dynamic team who strive to work together, work hard yet most of all, enjoy what we do.
The position is open to:
- suitably licenced and or non-type rated AME’s or
- LAME’s with no B1 DHC8 Classic type rating.
If you are willing to reside in Darwin, type training on the DHC8 will be offered for the successful candidate. You will also be offered a per annum, Darwin Base Incentive Allowance.
Reporting to the Senior Base Engineer, this role offers flexible work life balance with a 6 on 6 off shift roster pattern, and additional overtime when required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct aircraft maintenance and ensure all work is carried out in accordance with approved maintenance manual and Cobham SME approved procedures
- Ensure all applicable maintenance documentation is completed to a high standard in accordance with company procedures
- Ensure efficient and effective use of time on shift to complete all assigned tasks
Work in a Line Maintenance environment
- Ensure safety of work processes, plant and equipment and maintain safe work environment
- Hold Safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a Zero Harm and an incident / injury free environment through active participation in all safety programs relevant to their position
Skills and Experience
- Experienced AME or LAME with basics completed and able to complete DHC 8 Type course
- Willing to relocate to Darwin if not all ready resident
- Have sound communication and troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- Dual rated B1 and B2 and or Unrestricted B1 on the DHC 8
- Composite and structures experience / training
- Base Maintenance Dash 8
- Line Maintenance
- Confined Space training
- Forklift Licence
- First Aid
Cobham Aviation Services is the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia. Our portfolio of services includes aerial border surveillance and search-and-rescue operations spanning the country’s exclusive economic zone and search-and-rescue region under contract with the Australian Government and closed charter (fly-in, fly-out) passenger and freight services to remote sites in support of mining, oil and gas projects and outsourced freight services for Qantas.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Australia and be capable of obtaining security clearances, if required.