Imagine a future - where Internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM A/S is currently looking for a Software Architect. We're a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring Internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of our 500+ employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something special inside.
We are looking for a software expert who excels in making high-level design choices and dictates technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms. In this position, you will be working on complex issues where analysis of situations and/or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. You'll be exercising judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluating criteria for obtaining results, including reducing product development duration, cost and risk by reusing proven and standardized product features.
You will be part of a team consisting of around 80 colleagues within our Global Software Team, containing one other Software Architect, working on satellite communication products. As our work revolves around satellite antenna and terminal development, this provides you with an opportunity to engage with various technologies and concepts. Our equipment needs to interface and comply with several 3rd party products which together with the requirements of our end-users and regulatory constraints set our challenging objectives. We work in cross-functional software teams with a flavour of Scrum, which we continuously work on improving. You will report into our Global Software Lead. This role is based onsite in Kgs. Lyngby but could also be located onsite in our new office at the NOVI Science Park in Aalborg.
As a Software Architect, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Ensure there's consistency and reuse of components across the portfolios.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibly.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the Development Team.
- Oversee progress of Development Team to ensure consistency with initial design.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to Developers and Engineers.
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Approve final product before launch.
As a Software Architect, your qualifications should ideally be:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Network Technology or equivalent.
- Previous telecommunications experience a definite advantage.
- Well experienced in developing software in a Linux environment.
- Linux architecture, infrastructure and best practices in an embedded domain.
- Engineering processes, practices and measures of performance for the discipline.
- Multi-threaded and real-time software design.
- Excellent knowledge of modelling methods (e.g., UML, ASN.1, SDL).
- Software development tools (e.g., Enterprise Architect).
- Requirement management.
- Programming in C++ (C and Python is an advantage).
- Source code configuration management.
- Software Design/ patterns.
- Data structure and algorithms.
- ETF REC standards.
- Telecommunication standards (TU, EEE, 3GPP).
- Software architectures, frameworks.
- Key measures and milestones: Development principles and activities according to Product Lifecycle Flow (PLF) and Life Cycle Management (LCM).
- Delivers according to agreed project schedule.
- Deliverables contributing to overall product quality (e.g., performance, failure rate, yield, DFx).
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers who are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Besides a competitive salary package, we care about our employees and offer a lunch canteen, social events and societies (wine tasting, art club, Friday bar, music band), sport clubs (skiing, cycling, adventure race, badminton), paid fulltime health and accident insurance and a well-equipped fitness room. But, most importantly, we care about you becoming one of us.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM:
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis. We believe our culture of being highly innovative, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability to plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge we hope to hear from you.