Eaton, formerly Cobham Missions Systems has an ongoing need for Mechanical Design Engineers to support sustaining activities and participate in new product development for their Orchard Park, New York facility. The Mechanical Design Engineer will support both sustaining activities (Discrepancy Reports, Engineering Change Orders, and production support) as well as participate in the development of new products. The ideal candidate will be expected to learn and apply Standard Engineering processes, aid in the development of robust products which are optimized for production, demonstrate a broad understanding and application of technical principles, demonstrate a working knowledge of related technical disciplines and exhibit good judgment in support of projects with diverse scope and complexity.
- Ensure appropriate Safety, Health and Environment (S/H/E) concepts are applied consistently to each project in accordance with Cobham guidelines including following of the organizations ethical guidelines of the organization.
- Gain familiarity with existing production hardware and provide sustaining engineering support to the manufacturing personnel.
- Investigate and disposition Material Discrepancy Reports (MDRs) through drawing review, vendor communication and interaction with the cross-functional team.
- Participate in the internal Design For Six Sigma (DFSS) training class and apply the concepts learned to everyday engineering activities
- Utilize input from the cross functional team, propose design changes that will improve the manufacturability, performance, and or cost of existing production hardware.
- Participate in failure investigations and recommend/implement corrective actions
- Create, analyze, and dispositioning of Failure Analysis Reports
- Consistently apply the Standard Engineering processes to each development effort undertaken
- Diligently document each step of the design process for future reference/re-use
- A Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering from an ABET Accredited University and at least 3 years of engineering experience
- Completed coursework in core engineering principles including: statics, dynamics, thermodynamics, heat transfer and control systems
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Proven experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD
- Ability to work effectively within a cross functional team
- Possess good oral and written communication skills along with a high comfort level to make presentations
- Sound problem resolution, judgment and decision making skills
As a contractor with the Federal government, Eaton is subject to the Executive Order mandating COVID-19 vaccination. As permitted by applicable law, the candidate(s) hired under this posting must provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines, or request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation exempting them from the requirement. Vaccination status will not be verified until after an offer of employment is provided, and candidates may also request a medical, pregnancy or religious accommodation at that time.
Eaton Mission Systems' Values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Eaton Mission Systems is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Eaton Mission Systems to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Eaton Mission Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Eaton Mission Systems to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Eaton Mission Systems will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visit www.cobhammissionsystems.com/career.
Follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobhammissionsystems